We also offer access to computers, internet, phone, fax, job board and other employment resources at Career Connections for job searching purposes
Career Connections offers
New Client Assessments
Drop into the centre Monday - Friday 9am - 4:30 pm to start the process. You will be asked to meet one on one with a staff member on a first come first served basis.
Career Connections is committed to creating an inclusive
environment and providing
employment services for all residents of Pictou County.
Together we can build a
better world in which everyone has an equal
opportunity to achieve their goals and
reach their full potential.
At Career Connections we offer a wide range of services to those who are unemployed or
underemployed with specialized services available for persons with disabilities and
African Nova Scotians.
Job board updated daily with new job vacancies
- You can view a number of job postings on our Facebook page , please "like us" today - link to it through our website at www.careerconnections.ca
- Free on-site access to computers, printing, fax, photocopying, scanning and phone use for employment purposes
- Information and referrals for: education institutions & training programs including funding options, wage incentive programs, self employment benefit program (business start up support) and more
- Resume & cover letter writing assistance
- Helping you develop the job search skills needed to land a job in today's competitive marketplace
- Interview tips and techniques
- Access to Labour Market Information (job vacancy rates, wage rates/qualifications/job duties for occupations etc.)
- Career Guidance (goal setting, assistance deciding on the right career choice for you)
- Workshops on topics related to finding employment and/or returning to school.
Free on-site posting of job ads and through our Facebook page
- Free bookable space for employers to conduct interviews
- Client referrals
- Information on available wage incentive programs